- The Master Innholders announces line-up for 2014 conference
- Proud Mo-ment for staff at the Cavendish Hotel
- Wales's best hotelier supports supply chain skills campaign
- Two hundred trees planted to take Chateau Impney Hotel back to its roots
- Luxury Hotels Group Launches Private Label with Pegasus Solutions
Cavendish London opens chocolate hotel room
- Created on 26 March 2012
- Written by Michael Northcott
The room, which is habitable for two guests, is fully edible. Professional Chef students from Westminster Kingsway College have carefully crafted the 12th-floor room in the Jermyn Street hotel from almost 100kg of Callebaut chocolate.
Hotel manager at The Cavendish London, Neil Braude, said: “What could be more fun than waking up feeling a bit peckish and being able to munch your way through the do not disturb sign? Or taking a nibble out of the flowers?
“Easter’s not Easter without chocolate and we wanted to create an extra special Easter treat for chocolate lovers. The room will choc-up for one night only, melting away in the morning.”
Chef lecturer at Kingsway College, Simon Woods, added: “With chocolate slippers, a life-sized painting and giant Easter sculpture, to name only a few of the items, guests will have pick of the room to unwrap and eat up before they check out.”