Hotel BrandsLatest NewsRegulation

Premier Inn highlights importance of defibrillators as staff save two guests

The industry-leading initiative has saved the life of two guests in both Cannock and Tewkesbury within 48 hours

Premier Inn has highlighted the importance of defibrillators in hotels after it revealed team members in the West Midlands used its lifesaving defibrillators on two guests.

It said that on Saturday, 25 September, at the Cannock South Premier Inn, a team acted quickly to give an unconscious guest CPR before administering the defibrillator. Paramedics attended and took over before taking the guest to hospital for further treatment.

Premier Inn added that just 48 hours later a guest at Tewkesbury Premier Inn informed team members that her husband was poorly and after contacting emergency services, acting hotel manager Dariusz Rafinski, performed CPR before using the defibrillator on the guest, prior to the ambulance’s arrival.

William Cox, team leader at Beefeater Cannock, said: “I was cashing up for the night at the restaurant when a guest was on the floor unable to breath. I was asked to use the defibrillator (AED) by the 999 operator and used my first aid training to good use.

“The AED machine is very easy to use and tells you exactly what to do. I’m pleased to say that I was able to assist before emergency services arrived. In situations like this you need to act quickly and think of what’s in the best interest for the person needing help.”

Simon Ewins, Premier Inn managing director, added: “It’s wonderful to hear our teams acted quickly and assisted the guests before the ambulance crew arrived, they are absolute heroes and the use of this life saving equipment, twice in as many days, goes to underline the importance of investing in this critical area.”

 

Back to top button