AccorHotels has won seven awards at the British Travel Awards 2017 across its economy, midscale, upscale and luxury, segments.
AccorHotels brands were recognised a further four times at the awards as Mercure was awarded Silver in the Best International Midscale Hotel Brand category, Pullman was awarded Bronze in the Best International Upscale Hotel Brand category, Sofitel was awarded Silver in the Best UK Luxury Hotel Brand and Ibis was awarded Silver in the Best UK Economy Brand.
The British Travel Awards are decided by votes from the public and over 333,000 consumers registered to vote. This is in addition to the 775,000 overall votes across the BTA voting categories and Travel Vision survey which runs alongside it. The votes and processes are verified by Deloitte.
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]The full list of awards won by AccorHotels:
- Sofitel, Best International Luxury Hotel Brand – Winner
- Novotel, Best International Midscale Hotel Brand – Winner
- Ibis, Best International Economy Hotel Brand – Winner
- Mercure, Best International Midscale Hotel Brand – Silver
- Sofitel, Best UK Luxury Hotel Brand – Silver
- Ibis, Best UK Economy Brand – Silver
- Pullman, Best International Upscale Hotel Brand – Bronze[/box]
Thomas Dubaere, COO, AccorHotels UK & Ireland, said: “For hotel guests to choose our brands as the best in every segment is a tremendous accolade for our portfolio in a diverse and competitive market. Not every hotel guest is the same and we are proud of the diversity of our offering, across economy, midscale, upscale and luxury segments.
“These awards also prove that the continual hard work from all our hotel employees and partners across our brands ensures our guests enjoy the best hotel experience possible.”
The awards were presented at a ‘winter wonderland’ themed ceremony on 29 November at Battersea Evolution, London.