Best Western GB, which represents over 260 independent hotels, has expanded its portfolio of hotels in the UK by 10 this year, marking the representing the highest number of annual activations in its recent history.
Marked by the recent activation of Stonecross Manor Hotel, BW Signature Collection since January, the group’s portfolio has grown with the addition of a number of independent hotels to its collection, including:
- Murrayshall Country House Hotel and Golf Club – its third Scottish BW Premier Collection hotel
- Best Western Buckingham Palace Road, its 20th hotel in London;
- Stonecross Manor Hotel, BW Signature Collection
- The Putney Hotel, BW Signature Collection
- The Wild Pheasant Hotel and Spa, BW Signature Collection
- Rossett Hall Hotel, BW Signature Collection
- Sure Hotel, Newcastle;
- Three Ways House Hotel, BW Signature Collection
- The Midland Hotel, Sure Hotel Collection.
Earlier this year Best Western also launched two new boutique brands, Aiden and Sadie, offering developers and investors the opportunity to reposition and re-badge existing properties or to transform other buildings to create hotels in the upper midscale and upscale segments respectively.
The new brands are in addition to Best Western acquisition of WorldHotels in February 2019, which added five luxury London properties to its portfolio, The Washington Mayfair Hotel; The Caesar Hotel; Royal Garden Hotel; Courthouse Hotel London and Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch.
Rob Paterson, CEO at Best Western GB, said: “It has been a great first half of the year for us, and 2019 is shaping up to be our most ambitious year of growth in recent history. Already activating ten hotels is testament to the work my team has been doing, and the investment we’ve made into our organisation to help support the growth of independent hospitality across GB.
“We proudly champion our hotel members’ independence and heritage, and we are continuing to invest significantly in new sales, marketing and revenue technology to give owners and operators even more compelling reasons to join Best Western.”