Peter Hancock, the chief executive of Pride of Britain Hotels, a consortium of 50 of the finest properties in the UK, joined Hotel Owner editor Michael Northcott for a Zoom chat on the state of the industry.
In the talk, Peter and Michael cover the following:
- The impact of the lockdown on Pride of Britain member properties
- The feedback received from those members on coping with the predicament of recent months
- Pride of Britain’s plans for marketing the consortium to the public in a way that inspires confidence
- How hotels will need to adapt to the ‘new normal’ as the lockdown comes to an end
- What the implications of the government’s COVID-19 regulations are for the revenue generators of the hotel industry, such as restaurants, bars, gyms, spas and golf courses
- What types of properties are in good stead to survive the pandemic’s economic impact
Many thanks to Peter for agreeing to speak with Michael in this, the first of Hotel Owner’s lockdown-TV style interviews.