The Lords of the Manor luxury country house hotel in the Cotswolds has been brought to market off a guide price of £6.5m.
The 17th Century former rectory, which was once owned by King Henry VIII, features 26 individually furnished letting bedrooms, large public rooms and two restaurants offering 44 and 14 covers respectively.
The Lords of the Manor is set in eight acres of parkland and gardens which lead down to the River Eye, in the village of Upper Slaughter.
The Manor was purchased by the Slaughter family from King Henry VIII, and in 1808 the house passed to the reverend Francis Edward Witts.
In 1972, the manor was converted into a hotel by Francis Witts, who privately managed it with his cousins until 1985 when it was sold to the Gulliver family, who then sold it to the Munir family in 1997.
The Munir family has made “substantial investment” into the Lords of the Manor, which is one of the few privately owned hotels in the Cotswolds.
This has included interior refurbishments to the bedrooms and public rooms, and reconfiguration of the gardens by seven-times Chelsea Flower Show gold winner Julie Toll.
Peter Brunt, director in the Hotels Agency team at Colliers International, the sole agent on the sale, said “The Lords of the Manor is arguably one of the most famous country house hotels in the Cotswolds.
“Last year over £2m net sales were achieved, and the hotel is now set to benefit from the surge this year in ‘staycation’ bookings by UK holidaymakers as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.”