Point A Hotels said the refurbishment will aim to bring “a fresh, boutique feel to its design and embracing technology to enhance the comfort and guest experience”. The work is due to be completed by April 2019.
Features of the new guest rooms at Point A London Liverpool Street include:
- Luxury Hypnos beds with fabric headboards and throws from the Isle of Bute
- Blackout curtains and full-length voiles
- Vanity unit/desk with mirror and clever storage solutions
- 43-inch Samsung Smart TV featuring a guest information system and apps such as iPlayer and YouTube
- Mood lighting with proximity-sensitive switches
- Concealed, quiet air-conditioning units
- Guest corridors will feature bespoke Brinton carpets and elegant Tektura wall coverings, illuminated artworks and mirror tiling.
The hotel, which opened as Point A London Liverpool Street in March 2017, originally opened in 2011 with 178 rooms, all of which will be refurbished in this new style created by interior designers Leisure Concepts in Kenilworth.
The 32 additional guest rooms that were built in 2015 will remain in their current design. The hotel will also remain open for the duration of the refurbishment.
Joe Stenson, group development director of the Queensway Group, owners of Point A Hotels, said:“We are delighted with the new guest bedrooms at Point A London Liverpool Street which were developed in response to extensive research among our guests, identifying what is important to them when they are staying in one of our hotels.
“These elegant new rooms – combined with our superb locations, our A-List loyalty programme and The Brekkie offering put us at the forefront of creating an unrivaled proposition in the affordable hotel space.”