The Institute of Hospitality has announced the winners of its annual Hospitality Assured awards ceremony, with resident Hotel Owner columnist Peter Hancock picking up the ‘Outstanding Contribution to the Industry’ award.
More than 320 hospitality professionals came together on 10 June 2019 at the Waldorf Hilton London to celebrate the very best in people development at the Institute of Hospitality Annual Dinner and Awards event.
List of winners:
- Winner | Best Student Placement of the Year – Evolve Hospitality
- Winner | Best Graduate Scheme of the Year – Red Carnation Hotels
- Winner | Talent Development Team of the Year – PPHE Group
- Outstanding Contribution to the Industry – Peter Hancock FIH
- Judges Special Achievement Award – Adam Handling Limited – The Frog
The following organisations were highly commended by the judges.
- Highly commended | Best Student Placement – Red Carnation Hotels
- Highly commended | Best Graduate Scheme – Hilton London Bankside
- Highly commended | Talent Development Team – Z Hotels
Peter Ducker FIH, CEO of the Institute of Hospitality, said: “Our Annual Dinner is always a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the organisations who excel at supporting Hospitality students and graduates as they start their careers and the teams who go that extra mile in developing the talent within their businesses.
“The Hospitality Assured Awards highlight just how many businesses approach managing service quality. Both sections of the awards are true to the aims of the Institute – excellence through professional management.”
He added: “Our Industry is blessed with many people who give so much back to it in so many ways. Our Outstanding Contribution to the Industry Award enables us to recognise and applaud those special people. The whole room cheered when Peter Hancock was presented the award. One guest, who shall be nameless, said it was worth attending just to see Peter speechless for a moment.”