The award is IIP’s highest accolade and less than 2% of all organisations world-wide assessed are rated at the Platinum level. IIP is an international standard for people management and recognises organisations for their commitment to high performance through strong people management and development.
Assessors praised Imago Venues in a number of areas including: involving employees to identify changes to improve the business, encouraging staff to take responsibility and ownership, tracking staff progress and celebrating staff success.
Other key areas that were noted are:
- Staff know the vision and objectives of the company. People are aware of the ‘Imago Way’ which translates into exceptional customer service
- A strong united senior leadership team who promote and embed the values in everything they do. People consistently comment on belonging to a supportive team and everyone has a voice
- Line managers empower, support and maximise employee’s potential. This has been driven by developing a coaching culture. Staff are encouraged to make decisions, use their initiative and to drive change
- Continuous job development is a key component of Imago’s culture
- Staff are encouraged to share innovative ideas of how to build a sustainable business
Kay England, chief executive of Imago Venues, said: “I am incredibly proud of everyone at Imago Venues and we are thrilled to have achieved our ambition and received the Platinum award.
“Our staff are at the heart of who we are and what we do. We firmly believe in equipping and empowering our team to be the best they can be. Investing in the personal and professional development of our staff makes us a stronger company and improves the service we provide to our guests in all of our award-winning venues.”
Imago Venues is Loughborough University’s conference and events arm. Its portfolio includes the Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Holywell Park Conference Centre, the Link Hotel and Loughborough University Campus.