The first Blue Badge Style Awards gave 11 awards to stylish hotels, restaurants and bars that have made an effort to attract guests with disabilities.
Meanwhile, the German Gymnasium was the winner of the Blue Badge Style ‘Best High End Restaurant’, as well as the ‘Best Loo’ award.
Fiona Jarvis, founder of the awards, said: “Too often people with disabilities don’t go out because they don’t know what to expect when they get there. Places like the German Gymnasium make it easy and elegant.
“They won the Best Loo award for having all the right facilities, but getting away from the clinical style of most disabled toilets. The design of their loo is as stylish as the rest of the restaurant and even has cool music and wallpaper.”
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]
The overall winners were:
- Blue Badge Style Best Budget Bar – No.1 Duke St., London
- Blue Badge Style Award for Best High End Bar – Bellanger, London
- Blue Badge Style Award for Best Budget Restaurant – Bryn Williams at Porth Eirias, Cornwall
- Blue Badge Style & Conran and Partners Best High End Restaurant – German Gymnasium, London
- Blue Badge Style Award for Best Boutique Hotel – Dakota, Glasgow
- Blue Badge Style Award for Best High End Hotel – South Place Hotel, London
- Blue Badge Style Award for Best Loo – German Gymnasium, London
- Blue Badge Style Award for Most Ludicrous Loo – Tom’s Kitchen, London
- Blue Badge Style & Historic England Award for Best Listed Building – The Beaumont
- Blue Badge Style Best European Venue – Restaurant Steirereck
- Blue Badge Style Award for going Above and Beyond – Bank of England
- Blue Badge Style Lifetime Achievement Award – Charlie Lyons, Sesame